A Daily Schedule for Toddlers and Preschoolers | Being Jane

Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Daily Schedule for Toddlers and Preschoolers

As parents we are juggling the housework, kids, our spouse, and ourselves... not to mention the extra-curriculars, our online social media presence, and our friends and extended family. Many days slip by as we count down to bedtime when we can finally put the pedal to the metal and get some serious work done. We all know this can come at a price! So many days when I am on a roll, my girls get on each others nerves more and get bored faster! Our kids need interaction, structure, encouragement, and teaching throughout the day.

Obviously this doesn't mean that if we work on all of those things on our list that we are ignoring our kids, but without a daily plan in place we can forget to set aside time for one-on-one interaction and specific activities. That is where this daily schedule comes into play. It is just a guideline for all of us so that we remember to guide our children to different experiences during their days.

The schedule below is meant to be a printable! You can either print it at home and tape it up somewhere you'll see it, frame it even, or you can send it to your local FedEx Kinko's and have them laminate it like I did!

 photo our day printable.jpg




I would love it if you would take a second to do my one-question little survey below!




6 comments:

  1. I've always thought my kids would do well on a schedule like this--Forrest especially really likes knowing exactly what we're doing and when we'll be doing it each day. We have sort of a rough outline every day, but I bet he'd love having a written schedule that he could check--he's very into that kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a schedule but I don't write it down. It's mostly for me. When I start homeschooling my oldest again I will have a much more rigid schedule for her which will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea. When the kids are young, your always busy. It can be hard to keep up and remember everything. A daily nap at the same time every day can be a life saver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really helps and it helps keep them in a routine which honestly keeps the tantrums at bay when my preschooler knows what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going to homeschool too! Schedules sure help me stay on track, and then I can see what areas they can be self-sufficient and I use that time to get housework done. Or blog!

    ReplyDelete