Being Parents is Expensive! | Being Jane

Friday, February 27, 2015

Being Parents is Expensive!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChangingPrepaid #CollectiveBias

The constant expenses surrounding parenthood (and life itself, who am I kidding!) is stressful and never gives us a breather. Between the constant doctor bills, snacks, specialty food and beverages, toys for their ever growing minds, clothes for their ever growing bodies, diapers, wipes, preschool... Did I forget anything? I probably did because there are so many things to think about!

Something that we have worked hard on is our ability to cut costs and bills wherever possible, sometimes going to the extreme. One area we have struggled to cut costs is our cell phone bill. It seems that each year the costs get higher, and the contracts leave no room for a bad month financially. We actually just moved to a house in a rural area about 30 minutes away from the metro Phoenix area to save a couple hundred dollars on rent each month.


Introducing T-Mobile's Simply Prepaid™ Plan! It is a concept that implements a month-to-month system with even better perks than years past! Prepaid often has slow data, a spotty network, and second rate phones. Don't settle for second-rate prepaid wireless...because with Simply Prepaid™ you get 4G LTE data on T-Mobile which is worth the switch in my opinion!

When I heard about this I couldn't help but jump at the chance to see how much I could save by switching carriers. I went to my local Walmart in our new town to pick up the Samsung Galaxy Avant and their $40 a month minute card. Can you believe that? Just $40 a month to have 4G LTE data with unlimited talk and text! I'm sold. Compared to other contract plans with T-Mobile Simply Prepaid™ I get unlimited talk, text, and data with my choice of a high-speed data amount (*with a max speed of 8Mbps) starting at $40/month. This prepaid system is on T-Mobile's Nationwide 4G LTE Network and there are no overages, credit check, or annual service contract required!


Don't they look expensive? At least they are cute! We couldn't resist a family photo in our new kitchen. The money I'm saving by switching my cell phone service to the Simply Prepaid™ plan is going to help me decorate all the areas of the house that I never had in an apartment! I'm talking bar stools, beside tables, new full-sized dining chairs... Hide the debit card honey, I'm going shopping!


The phone choices are fun and exciting! I was shocked to see I could get a Samsung Galaxy phone on a non-contract plan. The camera is great too which is important for me, because I take photos of the girls constantly!


I can't wait to update you on how much money we have saved long-term. Maybe Emma will be able to take those ballet classes after all? Maybe I'll send Daniel on that getaway trip for a breather? Or maybe I'll just store it away for a rainy day. Either way, I'm looking forward to the lighter load on our budget.


What are some ways that you save money and cut costs at home? I would love to hear about your ideas!

5 comments:

  1. I have Solavei and it pays me! Some of my friends even have free phone service AND get money just by sharing Solavei. :-) Oh and I am a stickler on the electricity. I save by turning off fans in the rooms I am not in, turning off lights when I leave a room, turning the air to a higher temp when I leave for the day, among other things, but I get excited to see how low I can get that electricity bill! It is FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO ready to ditch my ridiculously expensive cell phone plan. It's starting to look more and more like a good idea. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is expensive. I'm always looking for ways to save a bit of money. Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is. Those darn contracts get you stuck for a while! It can be hard to make immediate changes.

    ReplyDelete