Sisters and Big Families | Being Jane

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sisters and Big Families

I woke up in my sister's house in Livermore this morning. Emma slept in her cousin's bottom bunk bed... Audrey slept with me on the pullout couch bed... Daniel and my sister's husband stayed at our hotel room so they could actually have beds to sleep on and no little people to wake them in the morning! See, we all stayed up until 2am last night, the guys playing Sega Genesis games while we sisters chatted on the couch like old times....


They used to live an hour from us in Arizona, but they moved back to California in 2011 and now we take turns visiting each other every year. So far we keep making our trips during the start of each new year! It's turning into a fun tradition.

Being with my sister is such food for my soul. just today my (AZ) sister Tiffany and I started a Voxer conversation with our sister here so that we can all chat again like we did back in the good days of being in the same metro area. We have to work harder to talk now but we can't make it very long without talking! I'm pretty sure we all talk every day at some point which is so special to me.

You see, none of my siblings have the same mom and dad as I do. Have I mentioned this before? I have seven sisters and one brother. Six of them have the same dad as I do, and two of them have the same mom as I do. I have always considered myself the connector, because we have all blended together despite the "halves" and "steps". You know what though? None of us refer to each other way, and we all just appreciate the fact that we have each other. It's really a beautiful thing and I love each and every one of them! It's also special, for me, because I have siblings that range in age from 13 to 51. All walks of life. All different experiences. And all so amazing.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! Yes, it is amazing and we are so blessed! I am so glad to be a part of this family and we are not steps and halves! We are whole! A whole family, with a whole lotta fun and a whole lotta love! Have lots of fun! Bring them back with you so that we can all hang out all of the time!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendra Pollard-ParraJanuary 25, 2015 at 12:29 AM

    That is great you are so close to your step siblings. Or that you don't see a divided line. Not many have that luxury of being raised daily with step siblings. I do think sharing a Mom makes that less obvious. Sharing a Dad does divide since the other siblings are raised in an entirely different home, and have their own Mom. Good to know you were about 15 minutes away from your " step " siblings and step nieces and nephews you do not even know. All 9 of them. See, sometimes blended families arent close. Or hardlyknow eachother at all. So I guess that makes only 6 Sisters. Oh, but Dawn is about 20 minutes from Kiera. So make that 5 . Great blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra Pollard-ParraJanuary 25, 2015 at 12:31 AM

    A little hypocrytical eh Tiffany, I guess this post only applies to.Kiera, Marci, Rick , Abby and Leanne ....

    ReplyDelete