I've Lost It | Being Jane

Sunday, November 9, 2014

I've Lost It



I've dropped the ball in every area except my home life. Even though I am struggling with the reality of that statement (see: guilt) I guess that isn't so bad. If I was neglecting my family for blogging and social media I could see how the guilt would be valid. But instead I know I have my priorities right. 

Regardless of that, it doesn't make me feel any better to know I am behind in blogging, blog design orders, mailing items, responding to all of your sweet comments....

I hope you know that I am here, I am just struggling to stay afloat. 

I missed a homework assignment this week because I am trying to juggle too many things at once, therefore dropping every ball instead of maintaining a few important ones. This isn't the first time I have missed an assignment in this class this semester. My grade is at 55.3% and I only have a couple of assignments left for the semester, so I am hoping I slide through with at least a C.

How embarrasing right? There is a reason I am taking next semester off. Between being a mom and a wife, leading a Thrive Moms group, taking Emma to school and the girls to swim class, caring for two other girls in my home during the week, maintaining the house (which I am failing at severely), and trying to take care of myself at the end of each day... Homework is getting forgotten. 

I have two blog designs to do and I am two weeks behind. That is not professional or fair. My excuse is the fact that Aidrey's double ear infection has been taking every ounce of my "free" time away since she will only sleep next to me, and she wants to nurse constantly because my milk supply is drying up.
Those two aspects have made it impossible to get any online design work done.

Oh, did I mention that I had one of the designs ready for installation and my computer fell and the hard drive crashed? I didn't? Well then there is another factor that is prohibiting my success in that department. I have my iPhone, no wifi until Tuesday, and my husband's laptop that likes to freeze when forced to be used with heavy programs.

Do I sound like I'm whining yet? I am. I'm sorry. On a lighter note the girls' birthday party was this weekend and family drove in for it, and my best friend flew in for the event... It was lovely and the girls had an amazing time. I promise you all a huge photo do this week some time.

So, in retrospect, I guess what I am trying to say is: do you forgive me? 

When analyzing what I could step back from and how I could minimize the load on my plate, this blog never climbed to the top of the list. You all are my saving grace (after God of course)... My sanity... My little world of people who peek in to my life every week without having actually met me (most of you). 

That means a lot. So I'm here. Just a little quiet. But I'm always craving this space, and the ability to meet with you, and chat with you, however far away we may be from each other.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely positively understand. Love you friend. Just take one baby step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds stressful. Im sorry! It sounds like you might have too much on your plate. It is OKAY to lighten the load my dear!

    ReplyDelete