Getting Back To Basics | Being Jane

Monday, November 10, 2014

Getting Back To Basics

I'm going old school here. I've decided to blog for me, and wrote about what comes to my mind and heart each day, regardless of how mundane or exciting it may be for others to read. 

I started this blog to be my space. And even though it has kept up that expectation that I set, I have fallen into the classic trap that all bloggers face at some point... Worrying about numbers, readers, content, photo quality, and monetization. 

Even though there is nothing wrong with those things, it can consume a blogger and make their blog feel unrelatable and cookie cutter. 

I don't want to be that. 

I want to write, relate to you friends, and enjoy this space that is mine. The name "Being Jane" was such a great switch for me, because I feel that it fits, it encompasses how I want this blog to come across... Classic and authentic, with a welcoming, nostalgic feel.

How do I make sure that that is my voice? By writing from my heart and head, without worrying about whether or not the post is pin-able or tweet-worthy. 

I love all of you and I feel blessed that you're still reading. Thank you, it means so much.

3 comments:

  1. <3 I feel the same way. That's why if I can only blog once or twice a week, I try not to sweat it. And no one tweets about me and most comments I get are just spam. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog, literally every post, every up and down, I still want to keep reading. I just wanted to share this other blog I also read about a stay at home mommy blogger. You have a lot in common. :) http://www.thehappyflammily.com anyway, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly what blogging is all about, writing what YOU want to and when you want to. It is so easy to fall into the classic blogging trap. I'll look forward to reading more of what's on your heart :)

    ReplyDelete