10 Minute Mexi Bowl and Daquiri | Being Jane

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

10 Minute Mexi Bowl and Daquiri

I don't have time to make big meals during this season of my life. That sounds funny because my life is at home. But add in the appointments, errands, duties at home, the kids... I resort to delivery pizza more than once a week. 

Last night I threw together a quick Mexican-style bowl and blended up an impromptu daquiri all from things we had in the house! 


To make the Mexi bowls you need:

• refried beans
• Uncle Ben's 90-sec whole grain rice 
• salsa
• guacamole

I had some mini Wholly Guacamole single serve cups in the fridge and I scooped out a dollop for the four of us from just one little cup! I microwaved the beans and the rice, and poured the salsa over. Once served, we all mixed ours up and even Emma gobbled it all up!

Now for the quick daquiri:

• one Strawberry Banana Naked Juice
• Smirnoff vodka
• ice
• blender



I threw all of the ingredients in a blender, I only used one shot of vodka which made it very light on the alcohol content, and blended it up until the ice was fine. We loved it! 

I hope you can have fun with this idea and possibly tweak it for your own tastes and pantry! Olé!



28 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun date night in!


    xoxo
    Candace
    www.FromCtoC.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. Looks so good, and super easy so you can spend time doing other things than cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, I love the look of the Mexican bowl and the drink to go with it would make such a great night combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm I love Mexican food! You can never go wrong with rice, beans and salsa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quick easy meal--I'm all about a delicious, fast dinner these days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the idea of making a quick smoothie from premade juice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the 10 second daquiri - what a great idea to use the Naked juice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I. Love. This. You see? This is the kind of inspiration I need before starting dinner. Without something like this I just give up, and just like you dial the pizza boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! I love that quick daquiri, something a few of us need at the end of a day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A 10 second daquiri is a great idea and a NEED for me in the evenings. Thanks for sharing.

    Thrifting Diva

    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, the daiquiri seems healthy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 10 minute meals are my kind of food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So quick and easy, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it great when a recipe like this comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so great! Quick and easy - my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quick meals are the way to go! Looks delicious thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am here for quick meals and a nice drink on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE a good Daiquiri. Really need to invest in a decent blender that can get the ice too. Next on my list for sure!


    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. That mexi bowl looks delish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love me some mexican food, but girl you need wayyyy more guac on there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such an easy daiquiri. It never occurred to me to use Naked Juice for something a little more sinister :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've totally made that same meal when I had no time and was hongray lol. Only I put grilled chicken on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy daquiri! Definitely have to try that with the naked juice!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am all over that Daquri! I want to try it with Naked, too! Smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks super simple, I love wholly guacamole!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Never thought to use Naked juice in a Daquiri, may have to try in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete