Preschool: The Sanity Superhero! | Being Jane

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Preschool: The Sanity Superhero!




Emma started preschool this week! Cue the tears! Actually, I was pretty surprised I didn't cry when we dropped her off for her first day on Monday. I think with the amount of emotional troubles we have been dealing with, it was a good break for her AND I. She had had a wonderful time, and she only goes two days a week for a half day. I think this was a wonderful thing for her self-esteem, social skills, and a way to stave off the boredom she has at home!

Because of her preschool days, Audrey and I get some quality time which is SO FUN! Yesterday we went to the park, just the two of us. I just can't resist the photo dump ;)


 

She cracked up the minute she started swinging, like she had never done anything as awesome as that in her little life!


We had some peek-a-boo playtime and some serious sand-eating commenced. This girl LOVES sand. In her mouth. Ew.
 

We also got to go to breakfast with daddy, and Audrey was kind enough to nap through almost the entire meal. Let me just tell you that Daniel and I haven't gone out to breakfast without interruptions and cute, noisy little people since before having kids. We went old school and played Scrabble on our iPhones together. It was so nice to be in the quiet together, and we realized how truly rare that is for us, which made us commit to making that a regular thing for our relationship's sake.

When was the last time you had some quiet time without distractions? 



1 comment:

  1. Glad it's going so well. The only time we get quiet time is nap/bed time. I don't remember the last time my husband and I ha a date and don't see one happening any time soon!

    ReplyDelete