Taking Time For Me | Being Jane

Monday, July 14, 2014

Taking Time For Me



Everyone tells moms to make sure to take time for themselves. I've always wondered if those people actually have kids. It is so hard to take a step back from parenting, housework, the to-do list, and everything else we balance.

The house is a wreck today. Leftovers from our rush out the door before our trip, the bags I haven't unpacked since we got home, toys everywhere. But I'm not going crazy-cleaning-mommy today. Sure, I'm picking up here and there as I go along. I'll get to the suitcase full of dirty clothes. Eventually.

The world won't end if I don't do it today. Isn't that funny?

Have you ever sat back and realized that the pit in your stomach and burning in your chest isn't worth it?

Your little ones won't become illiterate and they won't be held back in Kindergarten if you let them watch one too many Full House episodes today.

The world will keep turning. The laundry will still be waiting tomorrow.

Go enjoy those kids of yours. Lay on the floor with them and be silly. Guide Cinderella and Belle on their adventure through the dining chair woods.

You won't regret it.


1 comment: