My Daughter Likes Her Bum Clean! | Being Jane

Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Daughter Likes Her Bum Clean!

Thank you to Cottonelle for sponsoring today's post and keeping the bums in our home fresh and clean!




Change is a hard thing. Adults and children alike struggle accepting change. One big change in a child's life is leaving the comfort of their diapered bum to use the potty for their daily duties (I'm being discreet here, can ya tell?)... Not many are comfortable discussing their tushies, but today we are throwing out our inhibitions! 


There's a small child in my house. Her name is Emma. She is 2.5 years old and completely horrified at the thought of being left undressed from the waist down to take care of business. She also is extremely proper in the sense that she likes her tushy clean and doesn't feel comfortable sharing her bathroom adventures with mom and dad. This has made potty training difficult for everyone! Getting her to sit on the potty has been trying, but with a lot of love and encouragement we are making our way... slowly... to the finish line!


Enter in Cottonelle's Flushable Cleansing Cloths! These are a wonderful, easy way to ensure cleanliness on your bum. For Emma, it lets her know that we've cleaned all the potty residue off from her diaper, and then she gets to flush it down the toilet! There's nothing she loves more in her bathroom routine than to flush. She asks me even after my turn in the restroom! No more soiled baby wipes being tossed in the trash during potty-training clean up, because these flushable cloths make it easy peasy!



Dust that tushy off with Cottonelle's Clean Care toilet paper and you've got a rear that is ready to get in gear! (I came up with that all by myself. Are you proud?)
Because of Emma's particular personality, having a damp tush after a bathroom trip makes her feel like she didn't get cleaned up properly, so combining the wet/dry combo of the cloths and toilet paper give me one happy toddler! I had picked these up at my local CVS earlier in the day and she was excited to help me open them!


Not to mention all of the fun things you can do with toilet paper while trying to make potty time fun for your kiddo. Impromptu paper roses! She was thrilled.


Emma decided to take the toilet paper with her. Maybe next time I'll use it to wrap her up as a mummy and she'll have to sit on the potty. Wish us lots of luck! We WILL prevail!


Since I know you can't wait to hop in your car and head over to your local CVS to get in on the fun too, I'll leave you with this awesome coupon for $1.50 off!

20 comments:

  1. hahaha very proud you came you with that line all by yourself lol,. I think we all appreciate a clean bum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in these potty training adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. What a cute little toilet seat for her!! I love disney princesses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 3 year old son is ALMOST fully trained! Fingers crossed for you and little miss Emma!
    www.kaitleech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inappropriate . Really, trying to act as if you creates this combo. This is my first and last visit to this site. I am reporting this too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry this upset you Mila! If you check out the top of the post it says that Cottonelle sponsored this post! :) I don't claim to have come up with this combination, as it is something that Cottonelle is advertising right now. I hope you'll come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm crossing my fingers too! What are your secrets??

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was one way I tried to entice her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I was laughing at myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My preschoolers will only go potty if I twist the toilet paper into something like a rose or a "dragon" for the boys. Really it doesn't look like anything, but they don't know that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that she goes from distraught to happy in your pictures :) Also, sorry that some people obviously didn't understand the purpose of your post :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! Sounds like you are doing great. Thanks for the coupon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best of luck in your potty training endeavors...I am in the process with my 2 1/2 year old as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I honestly just let him do it at his pace! Continued to remind him how awesome the potty is, and eventually, he started to go all on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cutie! She a great spokesperson. Thanks for the info and coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Makes me glad those days are long gone. :) Good job in helping her take care of her bathroom duties!

    ReplyDelete