New Happenings In Our House | Being Jane

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

New Happenings In Our House

I...


am finishing up the spring semester in school, in which I have been taking a poetry writing class and a Broadway musical class! I also watch a few little kiddos in addition to my own during the week, and one of them is going to stop coming for the summer, and the other only one day, so my daily schedule will be considerably more open! Next weekend the hubby and I are driving to the Tucson area to pick up my "new-to-me" car, which I will post pictures of as soon as we get home! For the summer school semester I am taking American Literature before 1860, and The Psychology of Parenting. I am really looking forward to it!



Husband...



is currently working his life away at a specialty grocery store in the area, and also on a part-time pool route (as you can imagine how many pools we have in AZ!). He also made the decision, along with my support, to take a medical/compassionate withdrawal from his masters program. It was a hefty, extremely difficult decision, but it is the best for him and our family right now. He will return to his graduate degree journey when the time is right, and we could use your prayers in that department right now.


Emma...


is blowing our minds daily in her growth in terms of knowledge and conversation. She will be two and a half next month and is incredibly intuitive and clued in for her age. I am not tooting my own parenting-horn here, I am truly amazed each day by what comes out of her mouth and what she is capable of. I have no idea what aspect of our parenting or teaching fueled this but I am loving it! She is very into tutus and dance right now, although we haven't gotten her into a class yet. You can thank Katerina Kittycat for her obsession. She also loves her learning games: Endless Alphabet, Endless Reader, and Endless 123. Emma loves going to get the mail, collecting rocks and sticks, going to the aquarium, shopping at Target with mom and dad, and doing any and all art projects she can get her hands on. She also LOVES her "Bobs" shoes. We got them from a consignment shop for $5, and she won't wear anything else.



Audrey...


is scaring me! She is not even six months old until May, and she is already on hands and knees rocking back and forth. Just this morning I put her on her back on the left side of our large living room rug, and quickly went to the bathroom. When I came back she was on the other side playing with Emma's castle. See photo:

Audrey loves Sophie the giraffe, as I am sure all of her peers do. She had her first trip to the aquarium yesterday (besides when she was a newborn) and was shrieking and giggling at all of the fishies!
She is eating pears and avocado so far (we started a bit early to help her reflux) and adores all things edible. It's a daily fight to keep her off of our "big people" food.


On another note, I think I am developing allergies to my cats. This makes me incredibly sad. When Daniel and I met in 2008 he had a sweet, petite, older cat named Taffy. A year after we met, in 2009, we got Sugar and Spice as kittens. In 2010 Taffy passed away. We have now had these "kittens" for 5 years, and don't know what it is like to have a pet-less household. Granted, we have our two kidlets now, but pets are so special. They definitely don't get the same attention as they did when they were our only children, but they've only ever known our home and family. Growing up I was very allergic to cats, as are my mother and a few of my siblings. As a teen I noticed that when I visited my best friend's house, her cats didn't bother me. I gradually noticed that no other cats bothered me and considered myself "cured". Now I am afraid elements are making me sensitive again and I wish I knew why!

I hope your week is going well, and I also hope you're excited for Easter! Do you have any plans? We don't as of yet!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Emma's hair is so cute that way, but I am a little concerned by the Bob's comment. Her Aunt may need to hook her up with a pair of TOMS so that she knows what true comfort feels like. ;-) .... No plans for Easter here, but I did let a family from church know that they should do something and invite us ... Maybe we should all do something. You know like we are family or something.

    ReplyDelete