I Don't Like to Clean | Being Jane

Friday, April 11, 2014

I Don't Like to Clean



If I could avoid any household chore, it would be the dishes.....

...and laundry.

...go ahead and throw bathrooms in there too. Those are my nemesis. I keep up with the dishes and laundry because, let's face it, when you're the mom/wife, you HAVE to.

And yes, I keep up with the bathrooms. Most of the time. If we are being honest here, I am a great toilet scrubber, counter-wiper-downer, and sink-shiner. But point to the bathtub and I will slowly inch my way out of the room and hope you didn't notice.

I HATE cleaning bathtubs.

All of that nitty-gritty, knee-aching, stomach-stretching, arm-cramping scrubbing down of soap scum on porous acrylic.... no thank you.

Honestly? I love to vacuum. Seeing the lines on the carpet gives me a thrill that only a housewife feels. And now that I am the proud keeper of faux-wood floors, I have fallen in love with a good sweeping and mopping session. I'm serious, seeing the dark wood reflect nothing but sunshine and a lack of footprints is such a calming sight.

Do I have you running for your cleaning supplies yet?

Next time you mop your floors, think of me. I will be folding endless amounts of baby clothes and my husband's work shirts. Or maybe we could initiate a trade, and you could do my laundry while I clean your floors.

Deal?

7 comments:

  1. I'd totally do your laundry. It's one chore I don't really mind doing. I HATE doing bathrooms, so they're Jarrod's chore. They go longer between cleanings than I would like, but if I don't have to clean them I'm willing to let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE CLEANING!!!!!! I believe in housekeepers (now only if I could afford one). However, I did find something great. I use toilet bowl cleaner in the shower or bathtub and let it sit. The stuff comes up easier. Almost no scrubbing. I am kind of overboard though. I will use and ENTIRE bottle and saturate the bottom and then leave it there all day. I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen that way, but ((shrug)) that's what I do. Oh and I love comet, but I think that is from my childhood. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright Ladies...Mommies, Daddies, & YES even Housekeepers alike. I've said it before & I'll spread it Forever, the #1 DIY MUST for ANY Cleaning Task!!! It goes a little something like this...

    1) 1/2 & 1/2 equal parts White Vinegar & Hot Water
    2) 1/2 cup Hydrogine Peroxide
    3) 3 Tablespoons DAWN Dish Soap ( & No, this is not a play on Names ;)

    There You Go!!! Great to have handy in a spray bottle. Way Less Toxic Than Bleach or any other Cleaning Product for your little ones!!! Give it a Go ~ You'll See!!! ;)
    Happy Cleaning!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my housekeeper that I had when I was pregnant! Daniel does too, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I definitely don't do it when I should but I don't let it get nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, love this post!! I also love the lines from vacuuming!!! ;)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete