Got Milk? | Being Jane

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Got Milk?

As a vegan, technically I don't consume dairy. But for the last ten months I was letting myself have some cheese on pizza or on pasta.. And of course it's ridiculously hard to avoid dairy in baked goods and chocolate!

As life would have it, Audrey is very allergic to dairy. Emma was sensitive but it just gave her awful gas pains. And she grew out of it by one year.

Audrey's is more severe. She projectile vomits (sorry) any time the tiniest bit of dairy gets into my system.


Can you imagine? At Christmastime no less! What about the fudge?! The puppy chow?! The cookies and treats?!

Well, I did it with Emma and I'll do it again. Emma was born in the same month as Audrey so two years ago I was in the same boat. But Emma couldn't have soy or egg either so it made it so I could only eat super fresh, unprocessed, super-vegan foods. And meat. Now I don't like meat so I'm working harder to make nutritional ends meet!

Thankfully So Delicious makes coconut milk Nog! And I've been living off Decaf Soy Gingerbread Lattes from Starbucks.

What thing would be hard for you to go without during the holidays?

3 comments:

  1. Weird that you would have 2 dairyless kids. Goats milk for you. ; )
    Always remember that it's in their best interest - you've had many fun holiday treats before and will have many again - when this short stage of life is over. We can do anything "for a time". And you'll feel better too probably. Sorry though...Christmas without peanut butter fudge....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies... seriously I hide them from myself and eat them anyways. The bad part is nobody else knows where I've hidden them so I eat them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies... seriously I hide them from myself and eat them anyways. The bad part is nobody else knows where I've hidden them so I eat them all.

    ReplyDelete