What Do I Know of Holy? | Being Jane

Thursday, November 14, 2013

What Do I Know of Holy?


                                       

I made You promises a thousand times
I tried to hear from Heaven
But I talked the whole time
I think I made You too small
I never feared You at all No
If You touched my face would I know You?
Looked into my eyes could I behold You?

(CHORUS)
What do I know of You
Who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood
But the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire? Are You fury?
Are You sacred? Are You beautiful?
What do I know? What do I know of Holy?

 ("What Do I Know of Holy" by Addison Road)


What DO we know about God? Not a lot, honestly. We know His promises. We know His stance on disobedience and the 10 Commandments. We have read the parables and the proverbs. But what do we really know? 

The first verse of this song by Addison Road speaks volumes to me. We spend time in prayer and devotion to God but how often do we listen? How often do we allow ourselves to obey and act on what He tells us when we DO hear Him?

I was responding to a fellow blogging friend today and made a point I wanted to share with you.

We all get so busy with life. We all have responsibilities in our home, family, personal life, work, school, etc..... That can make it hard to find time to spend one-on-one with God. We say we don't have time and we feel far from Him. I am so this person. 

But have you considered this:

Without Him, without God, none of these things in our live keeping us busy, would be. We wouldn't "be". Without Him, there is nothing. 

So how can we still say we are too busy to find time (or make time) to talk with Him and listen to what He has to say to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment