Prayers Fervently Needed for my Newborn Nephew in the NICU | Being Jane

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Prayers Fervently Needed for my Newborn Nephew in the NICU

I am not usually one to share a lot of information about someone else's situation without asking them first but in this case I am making an exception, and for a very good reason.

My nephew Ricky was born full-term on September 4th after a long labor. There was an infection in fluid in his lungs so they were going to keep him in the NICU for 10 days. Wednesday he was transferred to a children's hospital for a 24-hr observation period to administer some tests to his brain because they thought he was having small seizures. The 24-hr period should have ended at 9pm last night but as of 10pm they still hadn't removed all of the sensors he was hooked up to.

This morning the doctors ordered an MRI set for 2pm PST this afternoon because Ricky experienced a period of brain inactivity this morning.

This is my brother's son. I love little Ricky's dad and mom so much, and my love for him makes me heart ache right now. I can't imagine how his parents feel. They live 6 hours away from me and I haven't been able to meet him yet or support them through this in person.

I ask for prayers for him, not just at 2pm PST, but all day and fervently until we hear results. I will update you all as soon as the results are in, but our hearts are hurting and we are praying God performs His great works in this situation.

Thank you,

Leanne

4 comments:

  1. I love your heart Leanne. My heart is breaking and I am believing that there is a miracle to be had in order to bring lives to the Lord. I love you sister and I wish we could be there for our brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the adorable little boy. My heart goes out to your brother and sister-in-law and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this Leanne! I haven't seen Ricky since we were teens, but I LOVE my cousins and will be praying for this beautiful addition to our family! Please give my love to Ricky, his wife, and new baby boy. Let them know that many are praying for them!

    ReplyDelete