Eat Me | Being Jane

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Eat Me



What defines your eating habits?

Do you categorize your eating/nutrition style?

Would you label yourself gluten-free? Vegan? Vegetarian? Or a carnivore?

What defines your nutritional habits?

My family and I like to consider ourselves whole-food, plant-based eaters. Some might call this "vegan", but we are more concerned with living a healthy eating lifestyle than living up to a label and it's "requirements". 

I want to know about you! Leave me a comment telling me about your and/or your family's food and beverage habits!

Love & Joy,

Leanne

3 comments:

  1. I eat what I can when I can. I like to think that I eat healthy and compared to most, I probably do. I do not like foods that are saturated in oils and salts and mostly I like healthy foods, they just taste better when someone else makes them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to call our diet "Moderation and reasonableness". And try to focus on foods the way God made them. And then not stress. I struggle with feeling guilty that I don't do all organic and that we eat things with hormones in them (meat, dairy, ect...) but then I feel overwhelmed by the time and effort that I would need to put into figuring out how to do that sort of thing in a healthy way. So I try to be reasonable (we try to avoid candy, soda, ect... and eat lots of fruits and veggies) and eat things in moderation, but if I see my kid has snagged a brownie from the snack table at church, or if we are on a road trip and go through a drive through, I don't worry about it. :) Thankfully, so far my kids are mostly great eaters and we are all healthy and have never had any health challenges (other than an occasional cold).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think food serves two purposes: to nourish our bodies and to bring us happiness. If your food is making you sick or stressed or depressed, you're not doing it right.

    Also, can't remember where I heard this, but I love this eating philosophy: Eat food, mostly plants, not too much. Bam. Seems pretty perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete