Turning 25 and Other Big Happenings | Being Jane

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Turning 25 and Other Big Happenings

(My best friend and I in San Diego last month)

Hello my wonderful friends! I am back!
I have missed blogging so much and even though life hasn't slowed down at all since I took a break, it was some much needed time off.

Today I turn 25 years old, and I am feeling it. I am excited and sad simultaneously! I'm on the up swing now, but maybe that will make people view me as a more mature adult? With my "youthful" looks I tend to miss out on respect and others taking me seriously. I guess age is just a number and it won't affect my looks much, so I am sure I will still battle these issues in the world!

I am in school full-time right now, taking four classes towards my degree. I signed up for two early-end classes (which means they are condensed) so that I would not be in four classes when my baby is born! I am taking Interpersonal Communication, Intro to Psychology, Intermediate Algebra (yay...), and Intro to Profession in Nutrition and Dietetics (my career focus). These classes really are so much fun but I am nervous because I will still have math and psychology going on when Audrey is born.

Speaking of babies, Audrey Elizabeth will be here in about 72 days or so! We are so ready and so excited. My mother-in-law has graciously volunteered to come out the week before my due date to be with Emma when I go into labor so I don't have to stress about someone being available when it's time. My mother doesn't have as much flexibility as she did when Emma was born (my younger sister was homeschooled at the time) and can't come out until she knows I am in labor, so I am praying that she makes it in time! The drive from CA to here is 6 hours, so hopefully the timing works out, although I wouldn't mind a 6 hour or less labor!

Oh! On another note, I work from home now taking care of a pair of siblings every day! This is an answer to prayer because I have wanted Emma to be in her own home each day instead of rushing out of the house each morning to someone else's. She really is a homebody and doesn't like to be pushed out the door dressed and ready for the day at 7am, so she is enjoying Sesame Street and coconut milk in her jammies every morning!

I hope all of you are doing well and I really have missed you! I know I won't be able to post as often as I used to, for the time being, but I will do my best to even get a small post up if I can't do more than that!

Love & Joy,

Leanne

7 comments:

  1. You are awesome, and Happy birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Leanne! I'm so glad you're back and doing well. Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see you back and hear all the wonderful things happening in your life! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of you & Becca is so presh. I love that you girls are still friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Sister, you have always felt that way about your age and people with the respect thing. I say rock the youth and love on the people who think you are young. The truth is that you are wonderful, loving, mature and one heck of a mother so embrace the moment because someday someone will think you are old and that will make you feel some type of way too. :-)

    I am glad you are writing again. It is good!

    www.questforahusband.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really good age to have kids. Hope you are prepared for it. IT seems like most finish school before they have children . I made sure Ai had my degree and then decided to create life! To each is own.

    ReplyDelete