Work Ends, School Begins! | Being Jane

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Work Ends, School Begins!

I am so excited to tell you about some changes in my life happening this month! I gave my two-month notice to my boss last month, and as of May 31st I will be staying home and watching a few kids out of MY home! That means Emma gets to be in her own environment every day, I have more flexibility in my life, and we get to save money on gas and food. I am beyond thrilled.

One of the big reasons we are doing this is that I am going to be in school full-time. I have been going to school for a couple of years but I've had to take a semester off here and there and only go when convenient (such as not having a baby, etc). 

But now we decided to dive in head first and make my degree path a big priority in our house! I am so excited and I can't wait to get going in a couple of weeks. I am majoring in Nutrition (Dietetics) which enables me to become a Registered Dietitian in the future!

Let me just tell you, even community college classes aren't cheap. I am taking four classes this summer semester and two of them have books that cost over $200 each! Even used! 

Years ago when I met my husband, he was in school full-time and we were constantly dishing out hundreds of dollars each semester for textbooks. I am ALWAYS researching ways to save money and the first thing I did in our household was look for a way to save on college textbooks.

I found CampusBookRentals. They are an online textbook rental company and their prices are AMAZING! You save 40-90% off of bookstore textbook prices! They even have books that aren't categorized as a textbook but that professors often add to their list. No one wants to spend $20-$50 for a book at Barnes and Noble that you stick on your shelf for the rest of your life. 
At CampusBookRentals.com you can rent your book for the amount of time you need it. If you have a short semester, extended semester, or regular, they have flexible due dates and pro-rated costs for shorter rental periods!

Not to mention the free shipping both ways. That is a huge sell for me. Number one, who wants to pay hidden fees for a required book for class!! And two, they include the return package with your shipment so the work is done for you. Great for busy students and great for busy lives.

You can highlight in the books, which is UNHEARD OF! And, if I haven't convinced you of their awesomeness yet... They donate to Operation Smile with each textbook rented. Operation Smile is a children's charity that helps children with facial deformities like cleft lips and palates. It's a great organization with a great heart. 

Check CampusBookRentals out and especially check out their new RentBack program. You know all those textbooks filling up your bookshelves and boxes? These guys now let you rent your textbooks to other students and you make money! Two to four times more than if you had someone but your book back.

This company has made our tight budget a little more forgiving every three months. I love them and you will too! 


I did receive compensation for this post by CampusBookRentals but all opinions are 100% my own and have not been influenced by outside sources.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting to stay home and go to school full time! You are still going to be quite busy :)

    ReplyDelete