Sleep, I Welcome You With Open Arms | Being Jane

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sleep, I Welcome You With Open Arms

I really love sleep right now. I mean, I REALLY love it. If I could sleep all night and all day I would. But I'm a mom, wife, and nanny, not to mention a human being, and I have obligations.

I go to bed when my toddler goes to bed. I wake up when my toddler wakes up. And I nap when she naps. You would think I would feel some element of sleep satisfaction!

I think one of the problems is the fact that I can't fall asleep fast. I don't sleep solid either. I'm pretty sure that's just because I'm a mom now and my daughter's bed is side-carred to my side of the bed. Regardless, I don't get the sleep I want. Or need.

Take now for instance... Emma is asleep next to me and has been for 40 minutes. I SHOULD be taking advantage of that since she will be waking me up at 7am. But no. I'm laying here, groggy, on my phone. Even if I tried to zonk out right now my mind would come up with a million reasons not to.

Such as...

- My husband's almost home from work

- I could use some food

- I'm thirsty

- I should use the bathroom again

- Did I unplug the toaster?

- Are the blinds closed?

- Shoot I forgot to throw that diaper away....

Once I run around fulfilling my minds running commentary hopefully I will be able to sleep.
Thank you for listening to me ramble.

**Photos of my girls have been removed to protect their digital footprint**

Goodnight <3 br="">

5 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on loving sleep. I slept almost 12 hours yesterday and could have gone longer but my husband was getting worried about me and woke me up. Haha. It takes me a long time to fall asleep too, my brain just thinks of a million things and won't quiet down.

    p.s. I nominated you today on my blog for the Liebster Award :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she's so precious! I have this problem where all I do is think and think and think and then I'm like "crap it's 12AM and I have to be up in 6 hours..." lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh so tough when all you want to do is sleep and you can't. good luck dear :) new follower from the collective blog hop!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am sitting here tired just waiting to go bed... why don't i just go to bed! just started following you via the collective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to the running commentary, to myself, that is in my mind all day. But the toaster, blinds, and diaper will wait. :) Hope you got some rest!

    (We are co-hosts on the Collective together this week, so I came by to visit!)

    xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

    ReplyDelete