What I Did This Week | Being Jane

Friday, March 1, 2013

What I Did This Week

This week has felt LONG. The Hubby's hours at work have been low so he picked up as many shifts as he could, was working on the pools he cleans, and had a bunch of things to take care of. We had a night off together last night for the first time all week! It was lovely. He made dinner (vegan spaghetti with "meat" sauce) and we all sat at the dinner table like a real family. ;)

To recap  my week I had to go through my iPhone photos to remember what I did. Yes, it's been that hectic.

I was getting Emma out of the car the other day and knelt on the passenger seat. When I did I heard a crack and realized that under the sweater I was sitting on was my laptop. I didn't think much of it, because laptops are pretty durable, right? Until later that evening when I opened it to start catching up on my blog reading.. I saw this:


Needless to say I was so sad because I just bought this in August with my birthday cash and was so happy to call it my own.

Emma and I went to the zoo after work one afternoon because our pass is about to expire, and all she wanted to do was sit on the kids bench and swing her legs. Works for me.

**Photos of my girls have been removed to protect their digital footprint**

I worked on some orders for a local photographer. She ordered a couple themed hats for a newborn shoot this month. Aren't they cute?? They are available in my Etsy Shop as well!




I also took an adventurous dive when I decided to finally make the first thing I pinned on Pinterest. These strawberries are supposed to turn out like gummy candy after baking. The only thing I didn't realize was that it takes THREE HOURS to dry them to perfection. I can't really say how they turned out because I got impatient after two and ate them all.


After last nights yummy dinner was devoured I realized all of my "large enough" tupperware was being used elsewhere. So I had a wonderful idea! Why not use the mason jars I have sitting in my pantry! I'm realizing now I could probably find a thousand Pinterest tutorials on what to do with them as well. Maybe I have a crafting weekend in my future.


I hope you all had a wonderful week! Isn't my new blog design beautiful? Thank you to Melissa at The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife!

Love & Joy,

Leanne

7 comments:

  1. Leanne, your new blog layout looks so nice! I want to try and make those dried strawberries sometime. They look so tasty! What were they like after 2 hours of baking? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were chewy on one side, and ALMOST gummy. So I'd say the last hour would have finished the other side!

      Delete
  2. Those knit hats are so cute! I'd be major bummed about my laptop too, I feel your pain.

    Love the new blog design! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do indeed love the new design! First thing I noticed when I popped on over to catch-up this afternoon! So sad about your laptop, did it have any kind of insurance covering it? I would have ate the strawberries too if they were sitting there staring at me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, new follower from the GFC Blog Hop. That bunny hat is so adorable, I love it. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too bad about your laptop... Your bunny hat is adorable! :)

    I wanted to invite you to our weekly Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Friday nights till the end of Monday, come link up if you have some time this weekend :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/03/weekend-meet-greet-blog-hop-16_1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may want to see if your computer is still under warranty. If you bought it last August it should be. At the very least try, you'd be surprised what the company or store may say. Good luck. Found you on the Nice to Meet You blog hop :-)

    ReplyDelete