A Baby Update - Week 8 | Being Jane

Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Baby Update - Week 8

I realized I never shared last Saturday's 8 week photo with you!


Around 6 weeks I was having such awful morning sickness that I was in the bathroom at least twice a day, and was completely nauseous for the rest of it. I was having a hard time functioning and could barely stand without being dizzy. I looked like an elderly lady walking around hunched over all day long. With a toddler in the house and a husband, this just wasn't cutting it. The doctor's office prescribed me Phenergan, which makes you T-I-R-E-D. I couldn't function on that either, I was always napping.

At my 8 week appointment last week I told my nurse practitioner all of my symptoms and described how disabling it all was, especially trying to work. She gave me Zofran this time, which is non-drowsy, thank goodness! It has taken a few days but I am doing much better. I am still nauseous a lot, and at night after work I am pretty much useless, but I'm trying to plug along! 

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat and it was a whopping 164 beats per minute! Everything looks healthy and right on schedule. Our due date is officially November 2nd!

Love & Joy,

Leanne

7 comments:

  1. Urghh! pregnancy sickness really is the worst thing (shudder remembering it) - hope it starts to improve soon.

    Happy Easter!

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay so glad the zofran is working!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the Zofran is making you feel a little bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully the 2nd trimester will bring you some relief and renewed energy. I know I was pretty much useless most of my 1st trimester with baby girl... and I wasn't chasing around a toddler. ;)
    Hang in there. I have a lot of friends who have been prescribed Zofran & it worked wonders for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't miss the morning sickness at all! I had it bAd until the 3rd trimester. I was prescribed diclectin (not sure if it has a different name in the US) and took it at bedtime to combat the drowsiness. Good luck to you, nausea is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ruined so many outfits and had to do the changes (sheets, blankets, etc.) in the middle of the night so many times with my son in other diapers. For a while anyone who was holding him would panic if they heard or smelled anything because those other diapers wouldn't hold his forceful breastfed pooh. These never leaked.
    honest diaper

    ReplyDelete