Q&A from YOU! | Being Jane

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Q&A from YOU!


A couple of days ago I asked YOU, the reader, to comment with your questions on what you wanted to know about me. I got some really fun ones! Here goes...

Gayle at A Gayle Force asked:
Being a nanny and a mom (and of course a wife), how do you find time for blogging, crafting, crocheting, and owning an Etsy shop? Do you ever get overwhelmed with all of it? How do you cope if/when it does become too much?

Honestly, I don't think I have gotten too popular yet to see how I'd cope. I mean, just trying to get everything off and running IS a lot of time-consuming work, believe me. I mostly blog and crochet during naptime (thankfully my daughter and the girl I watch nap at the same time), and alternately at night after mine goes to sleep. My husband works a lot of nights until after 10pm so I'm not neglecting him ;)


Kayla at Green Mountain Couple asked:
What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is turquoise!

How did you and your Hubby decide on the name Emma Jane?
We are all about classic names, and I LOVE Jane Austen. So that's how we got Jane, and we chose Emma from her novel.

How many siblings do you have/or wish you had?
I have 8 siblings. Seven of them girls, and one boy :)


Lena at Lena B, Actually asked:
Who would you pick to play you in a movie about your life.. AND if your life was made into a movie, what would the title be?
I would pick Anne Hathaway. Coincidentally we have always had similar hair and coloring/features. I guess the title of my movie would be.... "It's For the Best" (I thought long and hard about that one!)

Oh, and who is your blogging idol?
My idol would have to be a few of the ladies who've been so welcoming or helpful since I began my blogging journey.. Mainly: Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama and Brittany @ The Sapphire Bee.


Bre @ Peacoats and Plaid asked:
As a fellow dancer, I'm curious about your experience with that. How long did you dance and where? Did you dance competitively? Are you hoping that your daughter is going to want to be a dancer?
I started dancing at a studio at age 3. When I was 8 I started doing a musical theater program that had amazing dance classes (even swing and such!) so I did both venues until I was 11. I was supposed to go on pointe but it would have conflicted with theater, and that is where most of my friends were, so I stopped going to the studio.
I never competed with the studio. I was involved in a dance team that competed in Anaheim when I was 15, but we didn't win so we didn't go to Nationals.
I really hope my daughter will be a dancer. I was just thinking the other day, "what if she is tone-deaf and has two left feet?", HAHA! I never once considered she might be talented in other areas! So we shall see!


Sarah I. asked:
How many kids do you want?
I want three, Daniel has been saying two... We'll see how he feels after this next one isn't a baby anymore!

How do you feel appreciated best?
When I'm told verbally how that person feels about what I did, or when I'm told what I mean to someone.

What is your dream?
My dream is to live by my close friends and/or close family members, to be a stay at home wife and mom, and to raise my family/kids up in church. I'd also like to act again at some point, but I really will enjoy watching my kids participate in homeschooling and extra-curriculars like I did :)


This was so fun! Thank you for your questions, and thank you for reading!
Maybe I'll make this a monthly thing?

Love & Joy,

Leanne

4 comments:

  1. Really CUTE idea Leanne! Glad I participated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Reading....
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantastic post! a way to learn and share and interact. i really enjoyed reading and "getting to know you".

    ReplyDelete