It's Ok! | Being Jane

Thursday, January 31, 2013

It's Ok!





It's Ok...
... that I wore mismatched socks today.
... that my clothes don't match either (I'm a piece of work today!).
... that I bought a coffee this morning even though we're broke.
... that my blog isn't fancy.
... that my teeth are crooked and I still haven't gotten braces (at 24 years old).
... that two days of dishes are in my sink because my daughter has been sick.
... that this "It's Ok" post isn't very good.

When I woke up today I had to rush around getting ready for work because my daughter was crying all night due to a very uncomfortable Upper Respiratory Infection. I literally grabbed whatever shirt, tank, pants, and socks that were clean and close by, and then noticed that my short-and-growing-out hair was standing up on all ends because I went to bed with it wet. Therefore I threw on the closest hat I could find (one of my creations) and ran out the door.

I didn't get very far before I realized that I wasn't wearing shoes, only socks. See, I never wear socks. I only put them on when I have to (like when it is freezing outside and I have to actually wear boots or sneakers). Today was one of those days, and the only socks I could find were one white, and one black with a hole in the toe. Classy.Needless to say, I made it out of the house in one piece, finally, and made it to work early! That was a feat in and of itself.

2 comments:

  1. I wear mismatched socks all the TIME! Different patterns and colors. I hate matching up my socks I find it is a worthless use of my time. Nobody ever looks at my socks when I am wearing shoe so WHO cares? I don't...

    ReplyDelete