Hello and Welcome! | Being Jane

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hello and Welcome!

Since everyone else in my circle on Twitter and Facebook has a blog alongside their "business" I thought I would give it a shot and see if I'm as interesting to read about as they are!

For my first post I thought I would answer some questions so that you can all get to know me better! Feel free to comment and/or follow me so that I can get to know you as well.

1. My name is Leanne and I have a small Etsy business called Top This by Leanne where I sell crocheted hats, headbands, and hair accessories (custom available)!

2. I grew up in San Diego County in the city of Vista.

3. When I was a child I loved to play "detective" and use my tape recorder to dictate "suspicious behavior" I saw around my neighborhood.

4. In school I was always an "A" student (with the exception of math, in which I usually landed a "B-" or "C").

5. As a teenager I was deeply involved in Christian Youth Theater (CYT) and made most of my friends that way since I was homeschooled.

6. Since graduating high school in 2006 I have worked primarily as a Nanny, with a short stint at an esteemed child care facility.

7. My life has had it's ups and downs, and I have learned a lot from my choices and I am not afraid to talk about the mistakes I made and how they affected me, for better and for worse.

8. I met my husband in March of 2008 and we were engaged after 5 days. We were married that September and will have been together 5 years this year. We have a little girl, Emma Jane, who is currently 14 months old and just adorable (I can say that, right?). We hope to add to our family this year!

9. My goal is to be a stay-at-home mom. Currently I nanny and my daughter comes with me (which I know is rare and a huge blessing), but my dream job is to be a mom and a wife, while maintaining my crocheting business (which hopefully will grow enough that it can replace my current income).

10. I decided to start blogging because I know it is a huge way that people in my field communicate and network, and who wants to feel left out!? I hope to write about my life with my family, my business ventures and ideas, and the trials and achievements that I go through in the day-to-day.

11. I am also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. {Taken from www.alittleunhinged.com}

3 comments:

  1. I love it, Leanne. Got a huge smile from the detective memory. Great header picture.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I love these kinds of posts because it lets you really know a person. Aww, i think thats awesome you guys got engaged after 5 days! I'm already following you on Twitter and now i'm following ya on Instagram. I hope your having a great Monday.

    Nikki
    www.TheCraftySideOfSarcasm.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through the GFC blog hop! And love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete