... that I wore mismatched socks today.
... that my clothes don't match either (I'm a piece of work today!).
... that I bought a coffee this morning even though we're broke.
... that my blog isn't fancy.
... that my teeth are crooked and I still haven't gotten braces (at 24 years old).
... that two days of dishes are in my sink because my daughter has been sick.
... that this "It's Ok" post isn't very good.
When I woke up today I had to rush around getting ready for work because my daughter was crying all night due to a very uncomfortable Upper Respiratory Infection. I literally grabbed whatever shirt, tank, pants, and socks that were clean and close by, and then noticed that my short-and-growing-out hair was standing up on all ends because I went to bed with it wet. Therefore I threw on the closest hat I could find (one of my creations) and ran out the door.
I didn't get very far before I realized that I wasn't wearing shoes, only socks. See, I never wear socks. I only put them on when I have to (like when it is freezing outside and I have to actually wear boots or sneakers). Today was one of those days, and the only socks I could find were one white, and one black with a hole in the toe. Classy.Needless to say, I made it out of the house in one piece, finally, and made it to work early! That was a feat in and of itself.
I know, I know.. I am new at this. I shouldn't be discouraged yet! But I see all of these lovely ladies getting feedback, comments, and followers and I want that too! One of the reasons is that they have proven themselves. I have yet to do that, so I must be patient.
I wish my blog looked cleaner, I wish I had more followers, I wish I sold more of my things on Etsy, blah blah blah.
This will all come in due time, I am just feeling frustrated because I aim to succeed and excel at what I do. I guess the best thing I can do is work hard, be vocal, and learn patience.
Now I just need to write that mantra on my bathroom mirror and all will be well. ;)
Since everyone else in my circle on Twitter and Facebook has a blog alongside their "business" I thought I would give it a shot and see if I'm as interesting to read about as they are!
For my first post I thought I would answer some questions so that you can all get to know me better! Feel free to comment and/or follow me so that I can get to know you as well.
1. My name is Leanne and I have a small Etsy business called Top This by Leanne where I sell crocheted hats, headbands, and hair accessories (custom available)!
2. I grew up in San Diego County in the city of Vista.
3. When I was a child I loved to play "detective" and use my tape recorder to dictate "suspicious behavior" I saw around my neighborhood.
4. In school I was always an "A" student (with the exception of math, in which I usually landed a "B-" or "C").
5. As a teenager I was deeply involved in Christian Youth Theater (CYT) and made most of my friends that way since I was homeschooled.
6. Since graduating high school in 2006 I have worked primarily as a Nanny, with a short stint at an esteemed child care facility.
7. My life has had it's ups and downs, and I have learned a lot from my choices and I am not afraid to talk about the mistakes I made and how they affected me, for better and for worse.
8. I met my husband in March of 2008 and we were engaged after 5 days. We were married that September and will have been together 5 years this year. We have a little girl, Emma Jane, who is currently 14 months old and just adorable (I can say that, right?). We hope to add to our family this year!
9. My goal is to be a stay-at-home mom. Currently I nanny and my daughter comes with me (which I know is rare and a huge blessing), but my dream job is to be a mom and a wife, while maintaining my crocheting business (which hopefully will grow enough that it can replace my current income).
10. I decided to start blogging because I know it is a huge way that people in my field communicate and network, and who wants to feel left out!? I hope to write about my life with my family, my business ventures and ideas, and the trials and achievements that I go through in the day-to-day.